Leadership 4: Optimizing RPNs to Full Scope
Despite the fact that Registered Practical Nurses (RPNs) make up more than a third of Ontario’s nursing workforce, WeRPN has found that there is a significant lack of understanding among nurses, nursing leaders and educators in terms of the role of the RPN or how they can be best utilized.
This 8 week online e-learning course with an overview of RPN-focused research, will provide nurses with an understanding of the factors that support or hinder the appropriate utilization of RPNs working to full scope of practice, as members of the interprofessional team.
Weekly reading an activates that will bring a clearer understanding with;
- The myths and misconceptions of the RPN role
- How to refocus the discussion to the patients’ care needs
- How to be comfortable with the ambiguity of understanding distinct and overlapping scopes of practice
Participants will receive a certificate of completion that may be useful for their QA (Quality Assurance) learning plan for the College of Nurses of Ontario.
Course start dates
- January 18, 2021
For further information contact Sharon Foster in professional practice at WeRPN (905)-602-4664 ext 225 or email: email@example.com
Register for your course here: https://eshop.werpn.com/product-category/education-courses/
Course Refund Process
- If you would like to withdraw from a course, please submit written notice prior to the date the course begins to be eligible for a refund (less a $25 administration fee).
- Deferring a course to a later date will not incur the administration fees and the participant may select any course within one year of the initial registration date without penalty.
- Course fees are non-refundable after 50% completion of the course duration
- A request for a refund at any other point during the course must be submitted in writing for a partial refund (less the $25 administrative fee)