The Infection Prevention and Control (IPAC) program will provide learners in clinical settings with an understanding of the foundational elements of IPAC that includes the modes of vector transmission, infectious disease processes, routine practices for IPAC, epidemiology investigation and surveillance, epidemiology of healthcare-acquired infections, management of IPAC and outbreak control in the clinical setting. The program is focused on improving IPAC knowledge that will help to decrease the risk of transmission in healthcare work environments and ultimately protect the patients we care for and the healthcare providers we work with. This course provides online asynchronous learning- developed by an IPAC certified practitioner, facilitators provide reading materials, activities, feedback and a weekly quiz/assignment that can be accessed at any time each week. This course is now CNA Accredited. This course runs: Winter (Jan 16), Spring (April 10) & Fall (Sept 18) 2023.
The learner will be able to:
- Define and understand infection, prevention and control
- Identify how infection, prevention and control measures can interrupt the transmission of microorganisms
- Identify what control measures are used to deal with hazards of infectious agents and understand their importance to infection, prevention and control
- Recognize the importance of hand hygiene and identify the proper techniques
- Understand safe practices for use, storage and administration of medications related to infection, prevention and control
- Identify and know how to implement routine practices and additional precautions
- Recognize and understand why engineering and administrative controls reduce the transmission of infectious diseases
- Recognize why early recognition, surveillance and control measures are essential for the management of outbreaks
The WeRPN IPAC course is designed to provide learners with education and tools to support an understanding of IPAC in health care.
Day & Time
Asynchronous discussions in e-learning environment
Must be an RPN or other health care professional. Participants must have access to a computer, the Internet and possess basic computer skills to participate in the electronic class discussions.
Program Length & Delivery
The program is an 8-week e-Learning course.
Upon completion, you will receive a certificate of completion from WeRPN.
For course information please contact email@example.com
Register today: https://eshop.werpn.com/product-category/education-courses/
Facilitated by Francine Georgopolous, RPN
WeRPN Members: $275.00 + HST = $310.75
Non-Members: $357.50 + HST = $403.98
This course is limited to 25 participants; registration is available on a first-come first-served basis, however, a waitlist will be available with notification provided to interested registrants.
To register please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance or register online at: https://eshop.werpn.com/product-category/education-courses/
Course Refund Process
- If you would like to withdraw from a course, please submit written notice prior to the date the course begins to be eligible for a refund (less a $25 administration fee).
- Deferring a course to a later date will not incur the administration fees and the participant may select any course within one year of the initial registration date without penalty.
- Course fees are non-refundable after 50% completion of the course duration
- A request for a refund at any other point during the course must be submitted in writing for a partial refund (less the $25 administrative fee)