The Education Trust Fund (ETF) was established in 1990. Each year, WeRPN dedicates one dollar from every membership to the Fund to offer practical nursing student members in their first or second year of study access to educational bursaries valued at $1000.
To be eligible for ETF funding, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in a Practical Nursing program (full-time or part-time) at an accredited Ontario College.
- Be a Student Member of WeRPN.
To apply for an Education Trust Fund bursary, applicants must submit the following:
1. Completed Application Form
2. Applicant Essay: Each applicant is required to submit a 750-1000 word scholarly essay using APA formatting on one of the following topics:
• Client Centred Care
• Patient Advocacy
• Scope of Practice
• 2020 – WHO Year of the Nurse & Midwife *NEW*
• Nursing’s role during a pandemic *NEW*
3. Letter of Reference: Applicants must submit a letter from a member of their Nursing Faculty, on official letterhead from their educational institution, detailing the professionalism and performance of the student.
Submitting your Application
We ask that, if possible, you submit your completed application by email to email@example.com
If necessary, you can also fax your application to to 905-602-4666 or submit by mail to:
WeRPN Education Trust Fund – Bursary Award
5025 Orbitor Drive, Building 5, Suite 200
Mississauga, ON L4W 4Y5
The application deadline is October 31st
Applicants will be notified about funding decisions by November 30th 2020.
For additional information contact the WeRPN office at 905-602-4664 or 1-877-602-4664 ext. 234.