Internal Projects:To facilitate, WeRPN supported or initiated research projects will utilize direct email, eNewsletters, journals and social media processes for participant recruitment. All requests for electronic recruitment will be directed to the Director, Policy and Communications, once recommended by the Research Advisory Council with final approval from Director, Professional Practice and Research.
External Projects:On occasion and with increasing frequency, WeRPN is asked to assist with recruitment of RPN participants for external research studies. For external studies to be considered, an External Request Form including a one -page project summary describing the study proposal, methodology, knowledge mobilization plan, anticipated timelines and the informational recruitment poster/flyer/link materials must be submitted to the Research Advisory Council.
Criteria for approval includes:
- Alignment with WeRPN strategic priorities,
- Demonstrated benefit to the RPN profession,
- Involvement of RPNs in research design, planning, implementation, and knowledge mobilization, and
- Acknowledgement of involvement or collaboration with WeRPN
External recruitment will not occur during:
- Nurses’ week (May)
- early July to mid-September
- October 14 – 31
- Dec 15 – Jan 15.