To be eligible for NEI funding, applicants must:
- Be registered with the College of Nurses of Ontario
- Be pursuing professional development course(s) or program(s) that enhance the quality of care and services provided in Ontario.
- Submit their application within 90 days of the end date of the education.
Please note: The Nursing Education Initiative funding is intended to reimburse base tuition course fees as well as registration fees for conferences, seminars, and workshops. Non-tuition fees such as ancillary, lab, campus, incidental, athletic, etc. are not eligible for reimbursement.
To apply for an NEI, applicants must submit the following:
1. Completed Application Form
Applicants will be prompted to upload the following documents:
1. Proof of Payment
The Proof of Payment (receipt) of the education to be reimbursed must be an official document from the education provider that shows the applicant’s full name, date, the course (or workshop, conference etc.) name or code, and the base tuition or registration fees paid in full.
2. Proof of Successful Completion
The Proof of Successful Completion of the education to be reimbursed must be a passing grade report, course certificate, transcript from the educational facility or printout from a student-based web service. A certificate of attendance is required for conferences. The Proof of Successful Completion must state the student’s complete name, the professional development activity name, and the completion date.
3. Void Cheque or Direct Deposit Form
A void cheque or direct deposit form
Funding is allocated on a quarterly basis. The term of the funding year is April 1 to March 31. All applications are evaluated using objective, pre-established criteria. In the event that the request for funds in any quarter exceeds the funding allocated for that quarter, eligible unfunded applications for the quarter will be placed on hold until the end of the fiscal year (March 31) and considered at that time should funding allow.
All applications are evaluated using objective, pre-established criteria. Although the majority of applications are deemed eligible, because of the limited amount of funding available, not all nurses who apply will be approved for funding.
- Incomplete applications will be declined.
- Declined applications cannot be re-submitted.
- Applicants must provide the information on the required fields of the secured online form.