WeRPN is a recognized leader in professional practice. We advocate on behalf of RPNs to through our membership on a wide range of Boards, Committees and Groups. Some of these groups include:
- Joint Provincial Nursing Committee
- Nurses Health Program Board of Directors
- Numerous Provincial Advisory Committees for College PN Programs
- Steering Committee for the development of Violence, Aggression and Responsive Behaviors Toolkit
- The National Nurse Data Standards Symposium
Our recent collaborations have included:
- Active engagement in the Public Inquiry into the Safety and Security of Residents in the Long Term Care Homes System
- Advising the College of Nurses of Ontario on Entry to Practice Competencies for RPNs
- Supporting the development of the new provincial Palliative Care Competencies by the Ontario Palliative Care Network
- Providing feedback to the Canadian Gerontological Nurses Association on the draft standards for Gerontological nursing
- Advising the Ontario Association of Public Health Leaders regarding the role of the RPN in public health.
- Recommending RPNs to provide subject matter expertise for the development of CNA’s gerontology certification exam.
- Participating in the Canadian Nurses’ Association’s collaborative stakeholder round table discussions on intra-professional collaboration.