Our members represent a diverse richness in terms of nursing practice. You will find us working in all sectors and positions in health care.
However, we share a common commitment and enthusiasm for Gerontological Nursing. Our regular members include Registered Practical Nurses and Registered Nurses who have full voting privileges and may hold any chapter office in our association. As a regular GNAO member you also receive an automatic membership with the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association (CGNA.) We also have student and associate members.
As a GNAO member you:
- Support political advocacy initiatives – locally, provincially, and nationally
- Receive automatic membership in the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association (CGNA)
- Are kept abreast of current issues and trends through Perspectives, the online peer-reviewed CGNA journal
- Receive email alerts for upcoming conferences, webinars, and educational opportunities
- Can participate in educational events for ongoing professional development
- Can network with others who share your passion for gerontology
- Enhance your leadership skills by engaging in chapter executive activities
To make a positive difference in the lives of older people and the nurses who care for them.
All older people in the province of Ontario are cared for by nurses whose practice is evidence-informed, relationship-centred, and meets the current Canadian Gerontological Nursing Competencies and Standards of Practice.
For more information, visit www.gnaontario.org