The Mental Health Specialty Interest Group stands to inspire and teach compassion in nursing with a specific focus on mental health and addictions nursing. The group aims to educate on mental health matters and reduce the stigma surrounding mental health issues.
- Educate RPNs and the public on mental health and addictions issues
- Advocate for RPN psychiatry certification with the CNA
- To promote the health and well-being of those at risk or experiencing mental health issues
- To promote the practice of mental health nursing
- To advocate for mental health education in the practical nursing college program